Two-day international online course on questionnaires about the COVID-19 pandemic (Quest-Career-COVID-19)
This online course is organized within the framework of the 4EU+ European University Alliance. In 2022, we plan local courses and workshops.
Topics – What will you learn?
In this hands-on course, you will learn the basics of how to design, implement, and analyze new online questionnaires. These new questionnaires will assess the career development of healthcare professionals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will exchange ideas with students from Heidelberg University (Germany), Sorbonne University (France), and the University of Milan (UNIMI, Italy).
You will gain:
- expertise with using online questionnaire
- knowledge on how the COVID-19 pandemic affected healthcare professionals
- contacts to students in other European countries
Dates & logistics – How is the course organized?
The course is similar to an introductory two-day “summer school.”
- Saturday 06.11. 9 am – 2 pm (questionnaire design)
- Saturday 13.11. 9 am – 2 pm (data analysis)
During the first meeting, you design a multi-lingual online questionnaire based on templates provided by the lecturers. Between the first and the second meeting, we implement this questionnaire to collect pilot data. During the second meeting, you learn how to analyze parts of these data using freely accessible software.
We use the online conference tool of Heidelberg University “heiCONF,” which is similar to platforms such as “zoom.”
Requirements – Who can participate?
You should be enrolled at Heidelberg University, Sorbonne University, or the University of Milan (UNIMI).
The course is open to students across a wide variety of backgrounds including Medicine (with a particular focus on Psychiatry, Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy), Psychology, Political Science, and Computer Science, etc.
Students at different levels can attend (BSc, MSc, MD, or PhD).
No fees apply.
At Heidelberg University, the course is integrated in the elective course “Digital Medicine.”
Registration – How can you sign up?
Write an email to HeikeMaria.Hager@med.uni-heidelberg.de stating your name, your university, your field of study, and your level of study (BSc, MSc, MD, or PhD).
Lecturers – Who is involved?
- Christoph Korn (Heidelberg University, Department of General Adult Psychiatry)
- Franziska Baessler (Heidelberg University, Department for General Internal and Psychosomatic Medicine)
- Massimiliano Buoli (University of Milan, UNIMI, Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health)
- Florent Pasquier (Sciences de l’éducation et de la formation, Sorbonne Université)
- Antonius Wiehler (Institut du cerveau et de la moelle épinière (ICM), Hôpital Pitié-Salpêtrière, Sorbonne Université)